RUSSIA: Matryoshka

Is long time I want to write about my last trip in Russia. I was very much enthusiastic to visit this country.  In this case I visited San Petersburg and I must admit that even if my expectations were really high, the city surprised me! I arrived there the morning before the meeting so I had some time to go around the city. Of course only visiting the Hermitage is something that already pays back the trip. But it was the history behind the construction of the city and its situation what captivated me the most.
 
After having meetings the whole day, and still with sun light we went dinner on the top floor of a nice hotel in the center. In this post I want to talk about Russian women. It was really incredibly how nice and make up were all girls in the restaurant. I took the “Matrioska doll” a set of wooden dolls placed one inside of each other, the most traditional and known souvenir in Russia as a product to represent them. Mostly they are incredibly painted into WOMAN character and pretend to represent a mother, a extreampokly nice mother. Because woman there are there to be nice.
At the moment, girls in Russia are having for the first time the great opportunity to work.  For first time some of them have been able to study at university, and now aim to work and  become independent. Now a good combination for a company, they are “nice, cheap, ad very much into give good results and learn”.  Until now all of them were just worried on being married with a reach man. Now they are becoming independent and able to work.
Of course I bought one set of “martioska doll” as a present to a very special one!!,But it was on my way back when looking at them I realized how heavy is still the situation there even if a good start seems to have started.




No comments:

Post a Comment