LEBANON: Switzerland, mint and Liquorice!




I’ve been many times there, but no one as the last time, when I has the chance to explore a bit outside Beirut (thanks Ahmead). I must admit Lebanon is one of my favorite countries within the ME. Before going there I heard a lot about it and its similar with Switzerland not only because of the mountains  full of cedar forest and ski resorts but also to be the richest part of the area.  And it’s true, even if once you are outside Beirut, still people wants to exchange you by camels (it wouldn’t be an Arabic country without it),  when you are in Beirut you can feel like being in some places in Europe.  But there is a special filling there, something you don’t find in Switzerland, and I only noticed it then I got back home (in that time in Switzerland). And thought,  How can it be that in a country that has all this social problems everybody is on the street and a country where all works and all is so clean,  streets are empty? And it’s not because of the clime! People in Lebanon know that a bomb can arrive tomorrow so better to life the day as the last one! In Switzerland they don’t.

I have so much fun always in ME and people is so hospitality.  They know how to enjoy life!
Maybe is as well because of this that people smoke a lot there! And that’s why there is a huge business for candies that helps throats and blocked noses. And as a good ex French colonial country if it has liquorice taste better!
strepsils is n° sellning candy in ME

No comments:

Post a Comment